In the past 5 years, Autocad has become one of the most popular software for digital designers and architects. It is an amazing tool for creating 3D models, but can Autocad create SVG files?
The answer is yes, Autocad can create SVG files. SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics and it is a vector image format that can be used to create high-quality graphics for websites, mobile apps, and print media. SVG files are smaller in size than traditional raster images and they can be scaled up or down without losing quality.
Autocad has a feature that allows users to export their 3D models in SVG format. This feature is available in Autocad 2018 and later versions. It is also available in Autocad LT, which is the lighter version of Autocad.
How to Create SVG Files Using Autocad
Creating SVG files using Autocad is quite easy. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Open the 3D model that you want to export in SVG format in Autocad.
Step 2: Select the objects that you want to export in SVG format.
Step 3: Go to the ‘File’ menu and click on ‘Export’.
Step 4: Choose the ‘SVG’ option from the list of available file types.
Step 5: Enter the path and filename for the SVG file.
Step 6: Click on the ‘Export’ button.
Step 7: Open the SVG file in your favorite vector graphics editor to make any final changes.
Benefits of Using Autocad to Create SVG Files
Using Autocad to create SVG files has several benefits. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Autocad allows users to create high-quality vector graphics.
- SVG files created with Autocad are smaller in size and can be easily used on websites, mobile apps, and print media.
- Autocad allows users to export their 3D models in SVG format, which is useful for creating logos and other graphics.
- Autocad supports various vector graphics editors which makes it easy to make any final changes.
Drawbacks of Using Autocad to Create SVG Files
However, there are also some drawbacks to using Autocad to create SVG files. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Autocad can be expensive, especially for those who are new to the software.
- Autocad is not as user-friendly as other software such as Adobe Illustrator.
- It can be difficult to export 3D models from Autocad in SVG format.
- Autocad is not compatible with some older vector graphics editors.
To conclude, Autocad can create SVG files and it is a great tool for creating high-quality vector graphics. However, it can be expensive and is not as user-friendly as other software. Therefore, it is important to consider the pros and cons before using Autocad to create SVG files.